The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life. To accomplish this mission, Center Academy is guided by the following principles and goals:
- Center Academy will improve its students’ self-esteem, self-concept, and self-confidence
- Center Academy will improve student motivation levels and inspire students to give their best efforts in all tasks they undertake.
- Center Academy will provide a “third place” for the student. A place beyond the home and school. It will provide a community of support for the young person. The community relationship will promote student, parent, and staff cohesiveness.
- Center Academy will teach the basic skills of reading, spelling, and mathematics, and assist students to work to their full potential.
- Center Academy will remediate specific learning disabilities and other neuropsychological weaknesses, and at the same time teach compensatory strategies so that students can be successful as adults.
- Center Academy will develop staff loyalty by ensuring that all staff members, part-time and full-time, understand the significance of their work and share the goals and values of the school.
- Center Academy will protect its unique values and share those values with students and parents.